Sunday, February 21, 2010

Smart?


This is a poem about a boy learning a lesson about money.



My dad gave me one dollar bill 'cause i'm his smartest son, And i swapped it for 2 shiny quarters 'cause 2 is more than one!
And then i took the quarters and traded them to Lou, for three dimes-i guess he don't know that three is more than two!
Just then , along came blind old Bates and just cause he can't see, He gave me four nickels for my three dimes and four is more than 3 !
And i took the nickels to Hiram Coombs down at the seed-feed store, and the fool gave me five pennies for them, and 5 is more than 4 !
And then i went and showed my dad, and he got red in his cheeks,and closed his eyes and shook his head - too proud of me to speak!


I think that poem was very funny. If you like it, leave a comment if you can.


-Shel Silverstein

7 comments:

  1. Chase, I love Shel Silverstein. He is a very smart man. If you haven't read it yet, Please read "The Giving Tree" - it is one of my all time favorite books.
    love,
    Kiran

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge Shel Silverstein fan too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chase,


    Sometimes I think that all my money ends up like your poem.

    Bubba

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love poems. Shel Silverstein is a favorite of mine as well. Thanks for sharing one of your favorites with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shel Silverstein is my FAVORITE. Love love love him

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chase, I love Shel Silverstein. My favorite is Sarah Sylvia Cynthia Stout. Have you read that one?

    ReplyDelete